Become a Conscious Agent and join us for the inaugural RS Visionary Dialog: Do Psychedelics Prove God Exists? It starts August 11.
Ever since Gordon Wasson first tasted magic mushrooms in the mid-20th century, legions of Western psychonauts have found a connection between the psychedelic experience and the visionary states of holy mystics. Many atheists and unbelievers have had their ontology retooled by a tab of acid or an evening of ayahuasca, and came away convinced that the spirit realm exists. At the same time, other entheogenic explorers have had their materialist skepticism affirmed by their own psychedelic encounters.
For this inaugural Visionary Dialog, five of Reality Sandwich’s most provocative psychedelic metaphysicians will discuss the question, “Do Psychedelics Prove God Exists?” Our discussants will be:
- Adam Elenbaas – Author of “Fishers of Men: The Gospel of an Ayahuasca Vision Quest” and director of Nightlight Astrology in Washington DC
- Howard Bloom - Author of “The God Problem; The Lucifer Principle”; “The Global Brain”; and “The Genius of the Beast.”
- The TeaFaerie - Writer of stories, poems, movies, plays and essays, maker of videos, organizer of flash mobs, and one of the founders of Prometheatrics, a big beautiful Esplanade camp at Burning Man
- Thomas B. Roberts - Author of “The Psychedelic Future of the Mind” and “Psychedelic Horizons”, and editor of “Spiritual Growth with Entheogens”
- Reverend Nemu - The mysterious British author of “Science Revealed”
It all starts on Monday, August 11, with a live, interactive video discussion led by our featured authors. You can take part in the conversation, just like a Skype call, able to ask questions and offer observations on camera. Then the discussion moves to a text forum for 4 weeks of dialog and debate by the RS community, led by the featured authors and moderated by the RS team.
Reality Sandwich’s Visionary Dialogs bring the RS community together to explore the transformational topics that are shaping the next wave of consciousness culture. Led by popular Reality Sandwich authors, each month sees the launch of a new Visionary Dialog with a live, online event, followed by 4 weeks of in-depth discussion in a text forum.
Visionary Dialogs are a benefit offered to Conscious Agents, the dedicated Reality Sandwich readers who support RS through a paid subscription. Subscriptions are sliding scale and priced so that everyone in the RS community can participate. When you become a Conscious Agent, you not only get access to Visionary Dialogs. You also make everything we do at Reality Sandwich possible. In addition, you receive MP3 recordings of new RS articles each week, get discounts to Evolver Learning Lab courses and Evolver.net products, and experience RS without the ad banners. To become a Conscious Agent, click here.
Main Image: Wikipedia