Join Itzhak Beery for the live, interactive video course, “Embracing the Call of Your Shamanic Initiation.” Learn about initiation from leading shamanic practitioners trained in indigenous lineages from around the world. For this unique course, Itzhak has gathered five respected shamans from a variety of traditions, who will share with you their own experience to initiation, to embrace your own: John Perkins, Oscar Miro-Quesada, Christina Pratt, Lewis Mehl–Madrona and Agaangaq Angakkorsuaq. This 5-part Evolver webinar starts October 22!
We are all being called upon to transform through a profound shamanic journey. But too often we are held back by ignorance and fear. We feel alone and uncertain about the best way forward.
- How do you know when you have received the “call” to enter onto the shamanic path?
- Why, when you go through your initiation, do you have to face your own dark night of the soul?
- When might plant medicines be helpful in the initiation process, and how might they lead to connection to Source without entheogens?
- How do indigenous societies support people encourage personal growth through initiation ceremonies — and what we learn from them?
Your shamanic initiation can be the doorway onto a path that leads to a life of deep fulfillment and illumination. It can appear as a sudden awakening, or be triggered by a health crisis or the passing of a loved one. But what may strike you at first as tragic can turn into an opportunity for deep transformation that reveals your truest, highest self.
Modern society rarely conducts initiation ceremonies to support individual growth and mark critical life stages — other than school graduations and the occasional bar mitzvah. For this reason, many of us feel we have no permission from society to step into our power — our birthright gifts — and fulfill our life mission. This can lead to emotional distress, alienation, violence and depression.
But in traditional shamanic societies the world over, respected healers undergo a rite of passage — a profound, ceremonial initiation — that acts as an acknowledgement of their wisdom and maturation. This ceremony challenges the initiate on many levels: physical, spiritual and emotional. The experience brings them in touch with their own death and rebirth, ushering in a new stage of life.
This witnessing by the community gives the initiates formal backing and blessings, which are necessary as they embarks on a new passage, confident to perform new duties. They have acquired greater personal stature, but also new communal responsibilities, which they are now ready to carry as part of their personal growth.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to recognize and trust true spirit initiation
- How to identify a self-initiation, also known as “spontaneous initiation” or “spiritual emergency”
- The universal and sacred nature of the initiation rites for each of life’s stages
- Ways to honor the callings of spirits that come to you
- How to prepare yourself to be initiated
- What you are willing to sacrifice in order to be reborn into your new existence
Are you ready to cross the threshold of initiation? In his new book, Shamanic Transformations: True Stories of the Moment of Awakening, Itzhak has gathered many different forms of the “aha” moment of shamanic awakening, whether they arise from ceremony, near-death experiences, dream messages, or entheogenic substances. In this course, Itzhak and his guests will share the wisdom of their experiences with you, to help you on your own personal journey.
In each session, Itzhak will discuss the personal initiation of his guest, and explore the traditional approach to initiation within that shaman’s lineage. You will be part of the discussion, able to ask your questions on camera, just like a Skype call. If you happen to miss a live session, you can view a video recording at any time. These sessions will be filled with provocative information, clear instruction, and practical advice from some of the world’s most respected shamanic teachers.
In this course you will:
- Gain realization about the profound importance of the different stages of your life
- Develop the confidence you need to support the emergence of your true self
- Understand the importance of living life with integrity, responsibility and impeccability
- Expand your sense of acceptance, belonging, affiliation and self-identity as you embrace your own growth
- Recognize what it means to step into your inner shamanic power
It all starts October 22nd. Learn more.