This Visionary Dialog opened with a webinar on September 15, 2014. Join the discussion and post here!
Watch a recording of the webinar that kicked off this conversation:
Has ayahuasca arrived on Earth with a mission to save the planet? More than a few seasoned shamanic journeyers have come to this conclusion. Clearly, encounters with the spirit vine deepen your appreciation for the plant kingdom — for all of nature — which is well timed for our era of ecological crisis. And the heart healing that ayahuasca catalyzes strikes many as an ideal antidote to the most damaging aspects of contemporary society.
But is there more to it than that? Does ayahuasca have an intention? Do other plant spirit teachers, such as mushrooms, peyote, and iboga? Entheogenic veterans frequently report encounters with distinct, other worldly intelligences during their psychedelic excursions. Are these truly independent consciousnesses, separate from the self? Where do they come from?
- David Jay Brown – He is the author of The New Science of Psychedelics: At the Nexus of Culture, Consciousness, and Spirituality. He is also the coauthor of five bestselling volumes of interviews with leading-edge thinkers, Mavericks of the Mind, Voices from the Edge, Conversations on the Edge of the Apocalypse, Mavericks of Medicine, and Renaissance of the Mind. To find out more about his work see: www.mavericksofthemind.com.
- Dani Katz – She has been published by LAWeekly, LA Times, Whole Life Times, LA Yoga, Santa Fe Reporter, Nerve.com, Planet Waves, and more. Currently working on her first book, “Love in the Time of Chemtrails.”
- Chris Kilham – Chris is The FOX News Medicine Hunter, writes a weekly FOX News Health Column, and is on the Medical Advisory Board of The Dr. Oz Show. Founder of Medicine Hunter Inc. His forthcoming Evolver Editions book, “The Ayahuasca Test Pilots Handbook: The Essential Guide to Ayahuasca Journeying,” will be available this November.
- Jonathan Talat Phillips – He is a bioenergetic healer/life coach, author of “The Electric Jesus: The Healing Journey of a Contemporary Gnostic,” & co-founder of Psychonaut Productions and Talat Healing.
- Diana Slattery – Associate Director of the Academy of Electronic Media. Author of “Bizarre Births” and “The Maze Game.” Her forthcoming Evolver Editions book, “Xenolinguistics: Psychedelics, Language, and the Evolution of Consciousness,” will be available January, 2015.