It’s last quarter Moon today. The Moon in Taurus is squaring the Sun in Leo. Again it’s a great day/weekend to finish large projects, to complete things, or to relinquish control, fixation, or attachment to something you’ve been working on this moon cycle.
Last quarter Moons are also a kind of last push of energy…they are about setting things in place before the light of the moon is overcome by shadow and hence loses more of its “activating” or “yang” like force.
The darkness of course has a force of its own. The darkness confuses, complicates, and deepens. Enriches soulfulness, and accomplishes things without the same heroic effort as the light or waxing side of the Moon cycle. Rest is a form of action…we forget this, we don’t trust this, and so we constantly miss opportunities for something outside of our will power to teach us, to do work for us, and to allow our egos to relativize (which is good for our health and sanity!). The darkness of the Moon, we must remember, invites in MORE of the light of the stars during the night hours. So when we say “forces outside of us can teach us or do the work for us,” we are also directly connecting to the thousands of stars, asteroids, and other planets, whose lights are generally drowned out by the Moon during the bright side of the Moon’s cycle.
The Moon is the ambassador of the many…the many stars, asteroids and other planets. All the gods and goddesses waiting to help us beyond the illusions of our control. Which gods are helping you right now? Consider the idea that you can give them your own names….yesterday the god of “kitchens” and “cleaning” was helping me and Ashley to completely revamp and organize our kitchen space. Naming the presences helps us see the stars more clearly at night…helps us give feeling qualities to each time of the monthly cycle, and each strange breeze of activity that finds its way into our lives.
In the meantime, another strong aspect worth talking about is the Mercury opposite Neptune alignment happening over the next few days.
Here are the archetypal combinations to keep your eye out for…
* Discussions about degenerative physical/mental conditions or diseases
* Discussions about clealiness, health, and the immune system
* Alternative forms of healing
* Clearing out goop
* Poison, fears of poisoning, psychic poisoning
* Infections, fears of infections, and hypochondria
* Toxins, chemicals, and alien presences
* Judgy conversations about health and hygiene
* Misplacing or losing simple items…they seem to vanish
* Foggy or vague memory, hazy mental conditions
* The precision of language, the poetry of art
* Lyricism & Fluidity versus detail orientation and technicality
* Imagination versus reality….is there such a thing?
* Criticism, cynicism, and doubt versus faith, trust, and optimism
* Collective anxiety about neurological and/or mental health and emotional disorders
* Paranoia about the origin of a disease, sickness, or piece of gossip
These are just a few…but remember that Mercury opposite Neptune is a quick transit…here’s a few examples of how I’ve caught the transit appearing in my own psychic field:
1. I cooked portabello mushrooms without washing the dirt off them…I was in a kind of haze/fog..and we ended up eating some gristly dirt…which (outside of laughter) led to me getting slightly paranoid that we would get infected with some kind of toxin
2. I spilled draino on an open cut and got paranoid, and Ashley was convinced that her bare feet on the chemically cleaned carpet was making her throat sore (I told her she was a hypochondriac…this only minutes before I ended up getting paranoid about the mushrooms and after I was freaking out about the draino. Back to the memory problem!)
3. We majorly cleaned the kitchen and there was tons of goop
4. Ash and I had a long and interesting discussion about different topics in our fields related to health and hygiene…
5. I misplaced a necklace and Ashley misplaced her cell phone
6. I’ve had dreams about getting Parkinson’s disease after hearing the news about Robin Williams and generally lots of people in my practice are talking about depression and other mental health topics right now
Well, that about covers it! I hope this helps folks to identify the presence of the planetary alignments in your day to day.There’s nothing better than being able to actually see, hear, and feel the presence of the gods. My experience is that they like it when we notice them…it’s a sign that the conversation has already deepened.
Prayer: May we learn to see the gods in the small spaces and strange places. By hearing their voices in us, may our soul’s be deepened.
To learn more about the Nightlight Astrology School, or to follow Adam Elenbaas:
Image courtesy of Regarde, at Creative Commons Licensing.