The Moon is in Capricorn today, applying to make its last quarter by tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, Mercury is at the heart of the exalted Sun in Aries, and Jupiter is moving forward again.
As we’ve discussed for most of this intense eclipse moon cycle, we’ve just entered a very new phase or era of our lives just as an old one is ending. The solar eclipse at the start of our moon cycle, right at the spring equinox, set forces into motion that cannot be reversed. However, by the Full Moon (lunar eclipse), we came into a more full bodied realization of the tensions and compromises that are going to be part of this new beginning. As Jupiter was stationing (now direct) in Leo, many of us also experienced a darkening and renewing of our faith and trust. There have been some seriously ego humbling moments in this cycle! But now we stand at the last hard turn in this eclipse cycle…one more critical turn of events to go. So what should we expect?
Last quarter moons are important times of releasing or letting go of the work or themes of a current cycle. They are like harvesting times for each moon cycle. Given the fact that we’ve been in such a strong cycle, this moment of truth, this critical time of both gathering the fruit and letting go of the cycle, should be very strong.
Here’s a list of what to watch for:
* An incredible feeling of relief
* An understanding of what’s “necessary” going forward
* Necessity, the wise/stern teacher
* The lord giveth and the lord taketh away
* Hard knocks lead to wisdom
* Mature waiting/observing despite loads of newness
* Renewal of faith (slowly but surely or surging)
* Slow/plodding through something, difficulty at the beginning
* Letting go of fantasies, sobering insights, especially around family/ancestral patterns
* Difficult decisions that involve moving on or letting go
* Re-evaluating something after intense distractions that have informed us of the situation at a deeper level
* Feeling a deeper level of responsibility
* Contractions temper impulses…no “going around it”
* Grinding it out…coming from behind…catching up, working “through” something
* Finding hidden reserves of energy, insight, faith…
* Shifting expectations
* A bitter sweet victory
Prayer: May we reap what we’ve sown, with courage and gratitude, both learning our lessons and celebrating the fruits of our labor, without attachment to either.
To learn more about the Nightlight Astrology School, or to follow Adam Elenbaas:
Image by courtesy of Quinn, at creative commons image licensing