Version 2.2 of Reality Sandwich is here, and there’s a few upgrades to the browsing experience, as well as to our community section.
Due to inadequate security measures and moderation required to keep out all the very nasty spam bots, we’ve disabled contributors from posting to the Community section for the time being. This is because it was quickly overrun by spam bots and largely due to this could never really take off.
You can still signup and login to keep a collection of your favorite posts, save posts to read later, and comment, as well as collect comment and share karma.
RSV2.2 introduces several new features:
- When reading single posts, we now have a selection of related articles.
- Clicking on the thumbnail image of a post in a feed will popup the post for quick reading in a modal window. Press right and left arrows on your keyboard to easily switch between posts.
- An easier-to-read font for post content (you’re reading it right now.)
- You can now comment on posts via Facebook Comments, at the very bottom of each post.
- We’ve moved our servers, now based in New York City (thanks to Digital Ocean.)
- Tons of bugfixes (and many left to go.)
Upcoming additions within the next month will include:
- An enhanced mobile browsing experience.
- Leaked information about what a Reality Sandwich might actually taste like.
- And more!
- The new mobile experience is currently in effect, and still under development. Visiting RS on your mobile phone or tablet will provide a more trimmed down version of the RS experience, focused on reading articles.
Artwork by Android Jones.