Register for the forthcoming 7-part online, interactive course: Journey to the Imaginal Realm: Reading J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings. Hosted on Nura Learning and starts Monday, September 24th.
A JOURNEY THROUGH TOLKIEN’S MAGNUM OPUS… A POWERFUL EXPERIENCE OF THE IMAGINAL REALM
The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien has been a beloved story to several generations since its publication in the mid-1950s. The story has a timeless quality to it, and engages with a complex struggle between good and evil, death and immortality, power and freedom. The Lord of the Rings blends otherworldly romance with the high rhetoric of epic mythology, at times interwoven with the internal depths of the nineteenth century novel and the political climate of the twentieth century. As Tolkien’s close friend and colleague C. S. Lewis once said: “Nothing quite like it has been done before. This book is like lightning from a clear sky . . . here are beauties which pierce like swords and burn like cold iron.”
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
WHAT YOU RECEIVE
- Six pre-recorded audio lectures with Dr Tarnas
- Seven live, interactive video Q&A sessions following the readings and hosted on Zoom Meetings.
- Audio recordings of each Q&A for easy listening. Yours to keep.
- A Class Syllabus.
- Access to a Class Portal, where class recordings and materials are hosted.
- Connection with a vibrant community of avid readers, Tolkien fans, and explorers of the imagination.