The New Moon in Virgo is just opposite Neptune in Pisces today.
Here’s what to watch for:
* Remember that during a New Moon the Moon is invisible behind the Sun, emphasizing a seeding time. Meanwhile, the Sun rules intelligence, and the role of the intelligence in ancient philosophy is to select between things.
* The intelligence selects what it believes to be true and rejects what it believes to be false, just as the Sun divides the day from night.
* However, when we repeatedly select what we believe to be true, establishing our sense of truth in the world, two things may also happen. One, we may miss greater truths or we may miss other truths, or two, we may simply get it wrong. In which case, our destiny creates situations for us, over time, that allows for us to either eliminate falsehoods and come to the truth, or begin to see greater or more truths than what we are currently aware of.
* The intelligence of the Sun also refers to our focus or attention. We each come into this life with a destined sense of direction, focus, or attention, that has been built upon from our past karma. We have a sense of self, or ego, based upon how we organize all of our activities and perceptions into a more or less narrow focus: “this is who I am because this is what I do.” But, as the saying goes, “the center cannot hold.” And so we are constantly reorganizing, reframing, or redefining our sense of self as our center of activity or focus transforms.
* Destiny also has a way of providing us with opportunities to see what has been left or neglected due to the things we have focused on. Destiny also provides us with opportunities to see that we are more or less than what we have focused on.
* So in this way, our sense of self, our sense of focus, and our sense of truth are always being provided with opportunities to eliminate falsehood and come to the truth, or to see more of the truth than we are currently aware of.
* All of this begs the question, what is the total truth and what or who I am in relation to it? The answer to this question is of course that the total truth is our divine, original source, which is ever new and ever expanding, and we are each eternal souls, part and parcel of that source. Our relationship to the eternal truth is therefore eternal, and ongoing.
* Most of the time our sense of self, our sense of truth, and our sense of direction is based on the idea that this life is all that there is and that the material outcomes of this life are all that matter. In this manner, we may also explore the material universe endlessly, but under the ongoing spell of illusion. When we live in this illusion, we take big transits to the Sun as opportunities to refine or redefine ourselves or our sense of truth or life direction purely in terms of our material ambitions, temporary material designations, or material investments. In a sense, we miss the message. And we’re allowed to miss the message because we have free will. So even though destiny is always providing us with opportunities to spiritualize our sense of truth, reality, self, and direction, which is the real use and purpose of our free will, we miss the moment.
* The New Moon opposite Neptune represents an opportunity to see more of the total truth, of which we are each a part.
* The New Moon opposite Neptune represents an opportunity to see what we’ve missed by focusing our attention in a particular way.
* The New Moon opposite Neptune represents an opportunity to buy into the illusion on an even deeper level, or to see through it and to start over without the same delusion having power over us.
* The New Moon opposite Neptune may cloud our sense of truth, may cloud our attention or focus, or may deceive or entrance us into a set of false ideas about ourselves or reality.
* The New Moon opposite Neptune, on the other hand, suggests that in relation to the total truth, we have only a limited, fragmentary or partial view, and yet from our limited view we may catch some glimpse of eternity. We may find or expand our faith.
* The New Moon opposite Neptune invites us to watch the dissolution, surrender, or depletion of solar figures in our lives: leaders, fathers, egos, etc.
* The New Moon opposite Neptune provides clarity or possibly confusion in relation to our family, our mothers and fathers, our backstory, and our “tribe.”
* The New Moon opposite Neptune challenges us to redefine our sense of self, purpose, and truth, by confusing or dissolving falsehoods, deceptions, illusions, or mistaken identities.
Prayer: Show us something of what we have been missing. Free us from our delusions and from selfishness. Remind us of the profound beauty and love of which we are but small parts. Inspire us to serve you and your work in this vast and mysterious Universe.